[j-nsp] j2300 cf upgrade

Michael Long mlong at mikesoffice.org
Wed Jun 20 14:41:36 EDT 2007

Stacy W. Smith wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Try leaving off the "as-primary" keyword when doing the snapshot to the
> USB.
>
> The "as-primary" keyword is only necessary if the destination of your
> snapshot will be used in the primary CF slot. So, don't use it when
> doing the snapshot to the USB device, but once you're booted off the USB
> with the new blank CF installed, you'll then want to do "request system
> snapshot media compact-flash partition as-primary" to get JUNOS onto the
> new primary CF.

ok I did that but still no go

mlong at snoopy> request system snapshot media usb partition
Clearing current label...
Partitioning usb media (da0) ...
Partitions on snapshot:

   Partition  Mountpoint  Size    Snapshot argument
       a      /           374MB   root-size
       b      swap        64MB    swap-size
       e      /config     49MB    config-size
Running newfs (374MB) on usb media / partition (da0s1a)...
Running newfs (49MB) on usb media /config partition (da0s1e)...
Copying '/dev/ad0s1a' to '/dev/da0s1a' .. (this may take a few minutes)
Copying '/dev/ad0s1e' to '/dev/da0s1e' .. (this may take a few minutes)
The following filesystems were archived: / /config

Trying to boot from USB device ...
Missing operating system

> Also, can you tell me what version of JUNOS you're using?

mlong at snoopy> show version
Hostname: snoopy
Model: j2300
JUNOS Software Release [7.6R1.9]

I'm still doing something wrong I guess...

Mike