[j-nsp] GRE Tunnel on J-4350

Gerry Boudreaux gerry at tape.net
Sun Mar 25 13:24:27 EST 2007

On Mar 25, 2007, at 12:22 PM, Bill Sandiford wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> I'm very new to JunOS having worked exclusively with Cisco for over
> 12 years.  Our organization has just purchased our first Juniper
> product, a J4350.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to setup simple GRE tunnels on the
> J4350 similar to the Cisco's version below.
>
> interface Tunnel1
>  description Tunnel to Oshawa office
>  ip address 10.1.10.1 255.255.255.252
>  tunnel source x.x.x.x
>  tunnel destination y.y.y.y
> !
>
> In fact, I have to configure the J4350 to bring up a tunnel to a
> Cisco that is configure just like above.  I have searched the docs
> that I have and online for this, but I haven't been able to find
> it.  I find lots for IPSEC, but I'm not looking for that.  I just
> need a simple GRE tunnel.

See if these help.

I think in the J-series you do not need a tunnel PIC.

http://puck.nether.net/lists/juniper-nsp/1254.html

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos82/swconfig82-
services/html/tunnel-overview.html

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos82/swconfig82-
services/html/tunnel-config.html

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos76/swconfig76-
services/download/tunnel-config.pdf

You will also probably need a static route indicating the traffic
destined the tunnel.

As far as searches, you may have better luck if you use "junos"
rather than "juniper" to eliminate the netscreen matches.

I am tunneling IPV6 over IPV4 from a J2300 just fine.

Hope this helps.