[j-nsp] J6350's interface down/up

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Oct 16 15:41:54 EDT 2007

Once upon a time, Paul Civati <paul at xciv.org> said:
> Personally, I have for the most part (various equipment) found that
> auto-neg works fine although I know that a lot of people will say to
> nail both ends to 100/full.

There are only a couple of things that I don't leave at autoneg:

- Cisco 2924 switches when connected to another Cisco 2924 switch (they
  tend to jump between half and full duplex but not at the same time)

- the CPE BellSouth (the New AT&T) uses for MetroE advertises 100/half
  but gets errors; forcing my switch or router port to 100/full works
  with no errors

- A couple of old AlphaServers that someone set the speed and duplex at
  the console firmware and I never remember to clear it when the system
  is down, and they don't autoneg correctly when it is set

Everything else I leave at autoneg with no problems.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>