[j-nsp] Ethernet router suggestion required

Kris Price juniper-nsp at punk.co.nz
Sat Aug 30 04:13:13 EDT 2008

Samit wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am looking for a L2/L3 capable ethernet router with 20Gig ports in my
> core, that should do full bgp feeds from multiple upstreams w/ , IPv6
> and multicast routing, MPLS and 4byte Asn in future.  I am currently
> looking into 4 products from 4 vendor.
>
> 1. Extreme BD 1280xR
> 2. Force10 E300 (don't have MPLS but might do in future)
> 3. Foundry NetIron MLX-4
> 4. Juniper Mx240.

Recently evaluated the Juniper MX and no hesitation recommending it. The
feedback from everyone I dealt with was that it was well engineered,
stable, and does what it says it does.

Have heard some positive things about the Foundry NetIrons, especially
in terms of value for money, but can't speak from experience there.

Cheers
Kris