[j-nsp] OSPF neighbor Down :: without reason

Keegan.Holley at sungard.com Keegan.Holley at sungard.com
Fri Mar 28 12:38:48 EDT 2008

Keegan Holley
Network Managed Services Engineer I
SunGard Availability Services
Mezzanine Level MC-95
401 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19108
215.446.1242 (office)
609.670.2149 (cell)
Keegan.Holley at sungard.com
Keeping People and Information Connected®
http://www.availability.sungard.com

"Farhan Jaffer" <bandhani at gmail.com>
Sent by: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
03/28/08 12:13 PM

"Stefan Fouant" <sfouant at gmail.com>
cc
juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject
Re: [j-nsp] OSPF neighbor Down :: without reason

This looks like a physical layer problem.  Maybe not a link flap per se
but some sort of media issue.  I'm not familiar with the inactive timer
though so I don't know what the first message means exactly.  The one-way
message seems kind of odd as well.  Your neighbor declared you dead before
you did the same.  The route only noticed because the neighbor sent a
hello without it's router id in the list of known routers.  What kind of
link is connecting the two routers?  Is it frame-relay or sonet?  It seems
like there was a link failure that didn't lead to an interface flap.  Are
there any errors on your sh int <> extensive?  Also how often does this
happen.