[j-nsp] Load Balancing with LSPs

Ariff Premji premji at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 17 17:46:47 EST 2008

Luis,
A couple of questions.

1. What is the hw platform?
2. Is there enough variance in the traffic itself?  The reason being
that the algorithm is based on a hash mechanism that ensures that
packets belonging to the same flow always ride the same path.  So if
there isnt enough variance in the 5 tuples (sometimes can be increased
or decreased on the newer platforms), then you will see this sticky
behavior.  A ping will not be a good test. This usually  happens when
a NAT box or proxy-server are in the mix since the IPs of several
devices can be hidden by the NAT/proxy-servers.

-Ariff