[j-nsp] Juniper M7i, Junos9.2 w/ PE-1GE-SX-B , 802.1Q inter vlan routing

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Oct 21 01:51:08 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 13:31:37 Samit wrote:

> We are getting couple of used M7i with Junos 9.2 w/
> PE-1GE-SX-B next week. I have a very simple
> question....due to lack of junos knowledge, The M7i Gig
> interface will be connected with Catalyst 3400 802.1Q
> trunk port and I need to do a intervlan routing from M7i
> box . How do I do it, any config tips will be
> appreciated.

Take a look at:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos92/swconfig-network-interfaces/configuring-8021q-vlans.html#id-12159
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos92/swconfig-routing/configuring-static-routes.html#id-10352299
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos92/swconfig-routing/bgp-overview.html#id-13117414

When you get a chance, I'd highly suggest spending some time
learning JunOS. Here's a good place to start:

http://www.juniper.net/training/certification/books.html
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/

Cheers,

Mark.