[j-nsp] Will P-1GE-SFP work in M5/M10/M20?

David Jacobs mr.dave.jacobs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:37:50 EDT 2009

Hello all,

So I have recently acquired a few P-1GE-SFP cards. I have a few old M5, M10
and M20 chassis sitting around.

So I decided to do some testing on these cards (just to ensure they
work)..Needless to say I have had some headaches.

I have read some conflicting reports and was hoping someone with more
knowledge than me could help me out.

I have read reports that say the P-1ge-sfp will work in a regular M5/M10
chassis...it just doesn’t have the fancy eject handle.

Others say it won’t work; you need the PE-1ge-sfp.

I also tried these cards in an M20 with just a regular FPC..some have said
it requires an FPC-E?

The card gets recognized and I am able to get link however I am not able to
get arp or icmp working. I have tried Juniper to Juniper - Juniper to Cisco
- Juniper to Dumb Linksys switch. I have tried various brands of SFP optic
as well, also trying different cabling...TX, SX to LX.

I am just hoping someone else could shed some light on the this

Many Thanks

Dave J