[j-nsp] Ethernet CCCC Outer Vlan removal

Simon Allard simon.allard at team.orcon.net.nz
Thu Aug 27 20:29:12 EDT 2009

I have an incoming Ethernet CCCC which is double 802.1q tagged. Ie outer vlan 2000 inter vlan 1000.

Is there anyway I can remove the outervlan 2000 before placing it into a Ethernet-cccc? I have a MX960 with a 40-port Gigabit Ethernet R EQ card installed in it.

I have been reading this page on pop,push etc, but it seems to only have a place in incoming untagged frames.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos9.5/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-network-interfaces/interfaces-rewriting-vlan-tag-untagged-frames.html

Anyone got an idea how I can achieve this?

Cheers.

Simon Allard