[j-nsp] EX4200 1000baseT SFP unsupported in 9.4

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Sat Feb 14 19:26:43 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 23:54 +0000, Leigh Porter wrote:
> Rather than ask if there is a supported SFP for this release/hardware, I'd
> like to know why SFPs that worked fine suddenly break with a point software
> upgrade!
>
> Any response from Juniper?
Upon reading Ruslan's post regarding a similar 9.2 -> 9.3 problem, I
remembered that I had problems with several generic SFPs on 9.2, yet
they work fine in my other equipment.  This is very distressing, and is
now at #1 on my EX4200 bitch list. :-/

It isn't unfair for Juniper to say, "buy Juniper branded SFPs so we can
ensure they will work correctly," when something strange happens once in
a while.  However, that doesn't seem to be the case here.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz> +1-212-981-0607
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts