[j-nsp] how to populate a forwarding routing-instance

martin.mogensen at bt.com martin.mogensen at bt.com
Wed May 6 09:09:17 EDT 2009

Indeed, the interfaces routes from inet.0 are unknown to your new routing-instance which is as expected. You can use rib-groups (routing table groups) to import the connected interface routes into your new routing-instance.

I haven't tested the exact config below, but the concept is as follows:

# define that interface routes should be processed by a new rib-group
routing-options {
    interface-routes {
        rib-group inet connected;
        }
    }
# define that the routes matching the new rib-groups are copied from inet.0 to your new routing-instance
    rib-groups connected {
        import-rib [ inet.0 PIPPO.0 ];
   }
}

You may call that exporting routes but JUNOS sees it as importing routes. Guess it depends on the perspective.

When you do a show you after the commit, the connected routes from inet.0 should show up in PIPPO.0 with "Primary Routing Table inet.0" if you do a "show route detail". Same route, but in a different table.

Cheers
Martin