[j-nsp] IPv6 best practice

Matthias Gelbhardt matthias at commy.de
Tue May 26 02:35:13 EDT 2009

Hi!

Perhaps the great advantage we have, is that our network is rather
small at the moment. So this might be the perfect time to start the
use of IPv6 apart from starting to using it right from the beginning.

In the meantime I have run a few tests, and it seems to be very easy
to set up a parallel IPv6 network.

Anyway, we are just starting to understand the concepts, so apologize
for any "dumb questions" I have. But here is another one: I read
about, that several tunnel techniques do not work in juniper. Is it
today possible, to give a customer only IPv6 access (for example a
FTTH link), to let him access the whole internet? Are there any
conversions available on Juniper, that can do that?

Maybe I first should get our prefix announced, before getting to the
complex questions ;)

Regards,

Matthias