[j-nsp] MX960 JunOS recommendations

Andrei Radu andreir at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 08:39:32 EST 2009

Hello everybody,

We will be installing our first Juniper MX960 router in the network.
We were a 100% Cisco shop and this is our first Juniper router. The MX
will be a P/PE node
in a pretty standard MPLS backbone network surrounded by Cisco 7600
routers, running OSPF, MPLS/LDP, BGP and PIM sparse-mode, no layer 2
or layer 3 VPNs whatsoever. Equal cost load-balancing over multiple
10GE links is a must. Does anyone have a recommendation for a stable
JunOS version to run ? I'm currently looking at 9.5 or 9.6, I see that
10.0 came out on the 4th of November but from our experience with
Cisco IOS releases we are reluctant to use the latest & greatest
release.

--
Andrei

"2+2=5, for extremely large values of 2 !"