[j-nsp] BGP strange problem on M10i

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Nov 13 09:19:59 EST 2009

Once upon a time, Ramesh Karki <rameshkarki at gmail.com> said:
> First, we had to hard reset the bgp peer whenever we change the policies
> (inbound policy) that we had set. By just doing soft reset the router will
> not take effect of that changed policies until we do hard reset.

You shouldn't need to do any kind of reset; on JUNOS, policy changes are
applied on commit (although it can take a few seconds to work through a
full BGP table).

You didn't mention what version of JUNOS you are running (always an
important thing to include when discussing possible bugs).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>