[j-nsp] EX3200 Interop with Cisco 4948

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Oct 13 04:46:58 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 02:15:03 pm Muhammad Jawwad
Paracha wrote:

> We have installed EX3200 with Cisco 3750, its working
> gr8. Two things, statically configure duplex and speed on
> both switches.

We've had great success with auto-neg between EX3200 and
3560G. Suffice it to say, the 3560 is just a 3750 without
StackWise.

> Turn off keepalive on cisco interface
> connected to juniper switch or statically configure
> keepalive on both switches for e.g 5 sec., keepalive do
> cause problem when integrating, cisco-juniper equipment.

This is probably a good point.

We haven't had to deal with anything like this since our
Cisco switches are talking to the EX3200 over fibre.

By default, Cisco switches disable keepalives on fibre and
uplink ports.

Cheers,

Mark.