[j-nsp] EX3200 Interop with Cisco 4948

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Tue Oct 13 08:50:25 EDT 2009

Muhammad Jawwad Paracha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have installed EX3200 with Cisco 3750, its working gr8. Two things, statically configure duplex and speed on both switches.
No, please do not do that. It's not 1997 anymore. Recommending that
people do it as standard is not a good thing.

If you're failing to get 1000 FDX, it's most likely because your cabling
sucks. Have you put both devices in the same room and connected them
directly?

Have you tested the cable between two different devices and confirmed
that it works?

Check the cabling before you blame the hardware or the configuration.

adam.