[j-nsp] BGP policy-options policy-statement

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Oct 21 04:21:34 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 03:51:38 pm Onam Rubio wrote:

> Hi experts,
>
> I have an issue, I reject my private prefix-list but my
> BGP policy keep sending my private prefix-list.

Prefix lists in JUNOS work like route filters with the
'exact' keyword applied.

That means the prefixes you're matching in the prefix-list
are the only ones that would get filtered. All other
prefixes that don't match those in the prefix-list are
processed by the default term, i.e., longer subnets of each
prefix specified in your prefix-list.

Also, prefix-lists are evaluated slightly different in JUNOS
than route-filters.

Would suggest using a route filter and matching upto /32.

Cheers,

Mark.