[j-nsp] Community RegEx

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Fri Sep 4 07:52:35 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I'm having some trouble identifying the proper way to define some communities.  I've read this:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos94/swconfig-policy/configuring-the-community-attribute-using-unix-regular-expressions.html

but still have questions.  Let's say I have three communities 1234:100, 1234:250, and 1234:375.  According to the docs, it appears they should be defined as such:

^1234:((100)|(250)|(375))$

However, I have several community definitions that seem to work in the following format:

^1234:(100)|(250)|(375)$

I would think that the first one is the way to go, but it appears that both work.  Is one a "more righter" way of defining these communities?

-evt