[j-nsp] ex4200 virtual-chassis and vme access

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Thu Aug 5 08:53:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 03:47:55AM +0200, Malte von dem Hagen wrote:
> * That's an explanation based on the effects. I don't know for sure
> what happens under the hood.

It must be a bit different - according to our SE, it's possible to
have both configs.  After setting up vme management through JUNOS,
drop to a shell and assign an IP to the interface via ifconfig.  I
haven't tested it, but he claims it works.  You can't save it, so it
has to be done on each boot.  Any changes to the me0 interface
probably blow it away.

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie