[j-nsp] Stable Junos

Scott T. Cameron routehero at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 15:43:46 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Mark Tinka <mtinka at globaltransit.net>wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:06:26 am Richard A
> Steenbergen wrote:
>
> > ... but we're gonna be
> > forced into 10.2+ for MX to get full Trio support soon
> > anyways, so there isn't much benefit to hanging around
> > 10.0 even if it was stable.
>
> Same reason we're going to 10.2 - MX80 support as well as
> some new NG-MVPN stuff.
>
> I wish 10.5 were coming out tomorrow, but for now, 10.2R2.11
> has been behaving with the little we're doing. I'm tired of
> chasing JUNOS for the past 2 years, so I wouldn't mind
> continuing with 10.2R2.11 until 10.5R4 or 10.6R4 comes out
> (and works). Of course, that's hoping we don't run into
> anything major with 10.2R2.11 :-\.

On my SRX3400 boxes, I've got 10.2R2 humming along without issue for the
past couple of weeks.

Of course, I was cornered in to this upgrade after a
crash-failover-turned-ALG-blocking-DNS event to save my V6 support.

I'm about to flip the switch live on a pair of MX240s running 10.1R3.  They
run great with only traffic coming on on fxp0...

Scott