[j-nsp] vulnerability fix not available for 8.5 ?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Feb 6 20:47:39 EST 2010

> From: Niels Ardts <N.Ardts at intermax.nl>
> Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:25:46 +0100
> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
>
> That's weird.. We've asked JTAC for a release with this fix, and they gave us 8.5S4.. I hope they were right :).
>
> Model: m7i
> JUNOS Base OS boot [8.5S4]
> JUNOS Base OS Software Suite [8.5S4]
> JUNOS Kernel Software Suite [8.5S4]
> JUNOS Crypto Software Suite [8.5S4]
> JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine Support (M/T Common) [8.5S4]
> JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine Support (M7i/M10i) [8.5S4]
> JUNOS Online Documentation [8.5S4]
> JUNOS Routing Software Suite [8.5S4]
>
> Regards,
> Niels

I'm not going to bother unwinding of the awful mess of top posts in
this.

The PR you asked about was fixed in 9.3S4 and that is what you get if
you ask for a 9.3 service release to deal with that PR. But S4 is not
the latest SR. We are running 9.3S7 as it fixed another very annoying
bug we reported. As of last time I checked (about three weeks ago) S7
was the latest service release for 9.3.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)