[j-nsp] Juniper-Cisco interco issue with speed nonegociate

Benoit PLANTON bplanton at acropolistelecom.net
Fri Feb 12 10:23:56 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is trivial for most of you but I'm beginner with Juniper devices, so here is my issue :

I have to interconnect my router J4350 (9.1R1.8) with a Cisco 7600 (another ISP)

The link between them is an optical fibre link (1000Base-SX).

The Cisco interface is configured with nonegociate speed and flow-control off.

On my Juniper I can only set the speed to 1g, link-mode full-duplex and disable auto-negociation.

The weird thing is that on the Cisco the port goes UP/UP but on my Juniper the port stay UP/DOWN. But if the cisco port is configured in autonegociation both ports go UP/UP.

Unfortunatelly I have to find a way to configure the Juniper and leave the Cisco config in nonegociate.

On the Cisco that I don't manage the configuration is

interface GigabitEthernet9/9
 ip address x.x.x.109 255.255.255.252
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp