[j-nsp] Juniper MX80 IRB

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Jul 28 03:16:06 EDT 2010

On Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:31:18 pm Chuck Anderson wrote:

> Finally, JTAC/ATAC can't even figure out the above!!!  I
> have a case open and they *still* haven't come to the
> solution because they haven't realized that "Today Trio
> only supports the old style config" and what that really
> means.

The disconnect between JTAC and the core of the development
team has always been there, in my opinion. It took a whole
year of back-and-forth with JTAC on a case that, when it was
finally escalated to a senior engineer within Juniper, was
resolved in 30 minutes. No, seriously...

It's easy to assume that just because JTAC work for Juniper,
they're familiar with JUNOS and the Juniper hardware. But
this, as I've seen time & time again, really isn't the case.

Mark.