[j-nsp] MX240

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue May 11 01:25:18 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:38:41PM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:
> Richard's suggestion to consider the MX80 is a good idea,
> especially if you're looking at having two for redundancy.
> My main concern is JUNOS 10.x, especially since you're
> somewhat new to Juniper. But if you can hang in there, the
> code will improve with time. The MX80 is definitely great
> for peering... it's a role we're considering for it here,
> since it's too pricey to stick in the metro :-).

Eh... Given his incredibly simple sounding config, personally I'd just
just get the Trio/MX80 cards and call it a better long term investment.
Depending on your exact config they're somewhere between a little and a
lot cheaper than the old DPCs, and they integrate a lot of the things
that you previously needed services DPCs for too. Now if only they'd fix
the damn BGP bugs, we're seeing 4-5 minute stalls from flapping a single
IBGP session in 10.1 tests.