[j-nsp] Logical Tunnels & IPv6

Brian Fitzgerald fitzgeraldb at camosun.bc.ca
Sun May 30 18:28:40 EDT 2010

Hi

We ran into this one as well - JunOS 9.3 on an MX480

We couldn't get the logical tunnel between logical systems to take an IPv6
address unless we used encapsulation frame-relay - no other appeared to
work.  Why this was our Juniper rep couldn't answer - just pointed us at the
frame-relay workaround.

Wasn't a big deal, except watch the MTU - frame-relay default MTU was around
4450 (don't exactly remember), so if you are using jumbo frames on any of
the Ethernet interfaces in the logical systems, you will want to set the
tunnel MTU accordingly to avoid fragmentation.

Brian