[j-nsp] EX4200 Air Flow

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Tue Nov 2 16:22:23 EDT 2010

I have several EX3200's and EX4200's installed in my Data Center. In comparing the two, they both intake from the sides and exhaust out the back. Actually, the EX3200 has intakes on both sides, the EX4200 only on one side. Using a very low-tech method for measuring air flow (my hand and a small strip of paper), it really seems like the EX3200 has better air flow than it's big brother. The removable fan assembly on the 4200 is barely moving any air. The Power supply fan on the 4200 has higher air flow, but the overall flow seems to be much less than the 3200.

Has anyone experienced heat issues with these?

Thanks,

-b

--
Bill Blackford
Senior Network Engineer

Logged into reality and abusing my sudo priviledges