[j-nsp] VPLS issue...

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Thu Oct 21 17:58:50 EDT 2010

I'm starting to second-guess the use of VPLS between data centers.  It seems
there is no clean way to keep a local interface up in a virtual-switch instance
if you lose connectivity to the remote peer, even if you have an irb configured
locally.  Surely I am missing something, or Juniper needs to add the ability to
keep a local interface up even if there are no PE BGP peers established.

The hack we came up with was to run two trunks from our access switches, one for
layer2 and one for layer3.

I need the local interface to remain up too.