[j-nsp] [c-nsp] Firewalls "as-a-service" in an MPLS infrastructure...

Matthew M North matthew.north at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:57:21 EDT 2011

>>Fortinet does thousands of thier VDOMs (virtual-firewalls) on a single unit...

Thousands->no.
They do 250 VDOMs on the high end units (3000 series), 500 VDOMs I
heard on the 5001B (with some special licensing, haven't see or tested
yet, they recommend max 250).

Juniper SRX you can use VRs & security zones. On Junos 10.4+ get 250 VRs.
5800 you can get 500 VRs. Have gotten # for lsys yet.