[j-nsp] External routes in OSPF database

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Jul 9 23:18:21 EDT 2011

On Sunday, July 10, 2011 01:55:16 AM Alex D. wrote:

> Now i try to setup OSPF with area 0.0.0.0 for connecting
> customers to one of our PE routers (running JUNOS
> 7.5R2.8). Customer should get only a default route via
> OSPF.

Don't do it!

Never run an IGP with your customers (not even as PE-CE
routing protocol in an l3vpn). It's just asking for trouble.

Use static routes or BGP. Since you want to send your
customer a default, this is easy to do in BGP.

Yes, if you want to debug this issue and find out why the
behaviour you're seeing is odd, do so, but in the lab :-).

Cheers,

Mark.