[j-nsp] Output for "show bgp summary" is showing different on twoREs

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 11:53:23 EDT 2011

If the BGP peer in the master Routing Engine has negotiated address-family
capabilities that are not supported for nonstop active routing, then the
corresponding BGP neighbor state on the backup Routing Engine shows as idle.
On switchover, the BGP session is reestablished from the new master Routing
Engine.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.1/topics/reference/requirements/nsr-system-requirements.html#nsr-bgp
Note, for instance, inet-vpn multicast AFI is not supported for NSR.
HTH
Rgds
Alex