[j-nsp] SFPs in MX.

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Fri Mar 18 16:20:07 EDT 2011

Did you buy them from Juniper?  Each SFP has a EPROM with a vendor ID
encoded on it and this information is displayed on the sh chassis hardware.
 They are compatible if everything is working but they are non-Juniper and
not supported by JTAC.  If you actually bought them from Juniper I'd say
this is a bug.  If not then you are just in new territory.  I've done this a
couple of times and it's been fine.  I do it in the lab regularly if there
are no Juniper sfp's available.  I've even used cisco sfp's during an outage
until the RMA arrived.  YMMV though.