[j-nsp] SFPs in MX.

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Fri Mar 18 16:30:58 EDT 2011

On 3/18/2011 1:18 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

 > That means the DPC in question was rebooted 5 hours ago. If you weren't
 > adding or restarting the card then, go look through the logs and figure
 > out why. Scroll back starting at that FRU Power-On message.

Yes thats what I gathered. It happened to me on Tues when I was actually in
the router on the console. Now I just noticed it again now that I'm 100 miles
away from it. Its an MPC Trio. That is different than an DPC I think?

I have a JTAC case open already and they are checking out the logs. At first
glance the fellow thinks its hardware. I'm still too green on Juniper to know
what I am looking at. I have dug through the knowledge base a *lot* the last
few months but new stuff keeps popping up, like this current issue.

  > As for the MRV optics, yes they are non-Juniper branded. Juniper (or any
 > other router vendor for that matter) doesn't actually make their own
 > optics, they just slap a label on optics from a variety of other
 > suppliers. Fortunately Juniper doesn't play games with vendor locking of
 > optics, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Ah, thanks for that.

Regards,
Keith