[j-nsp] SRX100/2x0 as small MPLS CPE?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 07:14:33 EDT 2011

On 26/10/11 11:03, Leigh Porter wrote:

> We have been using SRX240s at the edge and in metro rings for some
> time, after teething troubles they have all been solid. I also have
> some SRX220 using MPLS over GRE over IP connected to the core using
> xDSL and this also works very well. We use them for LTE/WiMAX/WiFi
> backhaul.
>
> The only real issue I have is that I would love a SRX240 but with
> about 4Gb/s of throughput. That would be a nice little product.
>
> Does anybody have any real test results of MPLS throughput on the SRX
> series?

Sorry, I sent my reply to Leigh but I meant to send to the list:

We did eventually get a few SRX210s, and in testing I managed to get
650Mbit/sec through an EoMPLS / l2circuit. CPU load was low, so I'm
quite impressed with the performance. On the whole, they're nice devices.

HOWEVER - they do display exactly the same "6vPE corrupts non-VRF IPv4
packets matching 0/0" that we saw on our J-Series. Still haven't had
time to report the bug..