[j-nsp] SRX100/2x0 as small MPLS CPE?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Oct 26 08:18:55 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, October 26, 2011 06:03:56 PM Leigh Porter
wrote:

> We have been using SRX240s at the edge and in metro rings
> for some time, after teething troubles they have all
> been solid. I also have some SRX220 using MPLS over GRE
> over IP connected to the core using xDSL and this also
> works very well. We use them for LTE/WiMAX/WiFi
> backhaul.
>
> The only real issue I have is that I would love a SRX240
> but with about 4Gb/s of throughput. That would be a nice
> little product.

My concern with running this box in a production service
provider environment, particularly in Metro-E rings, is that
software stability hasn't been great based on lots of
feedback from folks on this list.

Suffice it to say, if Juniper are seriously pushing this box
as a security platform, who's to say what they'll do with it
2, 3 years out, just like what happened with the good ol' J-
series and Junos-ES? Big disappointment!

Mark.