[j-nsp] Ex Series VC with *both* high-speed backbone *and* link-aggregation

Tarko Tikan tarko at lanparty.ee
Tue Jan 3 15:53:58 EST 2012

hey,

> Can I set up a Juniper EX series virtual chassis using a high-speed
> backbone on one floor of a building and then connect that VC to another
> switch (or two) via link-aggregation on the SFP ports?

Directly from documentation:
You can select up to four uplink module ports or SFP network ports on an EX4200 switch that have been configured as Virtual Chassis ports (VCPs) to form a LAG. When you set uplink module ports or SFP network ports on Virtual Chassis member switches as uplink VCPs, connect two or more of those uplink VCPs on one member to at least two uplink VCPs on another member, and configure those uplink VCPs to operate at the same link speed, the uplink VCPs automatically form a LAG. Each LAG is assigned a positive-integer identifier called a trunk ID.

Haven't tried it but about to.

--
tarko