[j-nsp] JUNIPER AXC1100

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Thu Nov 29 12:52:20 EST 2012

Hi Giuliano,

> Does anyone has some experience using ACX1100 or any other router from ACX
> family ?
>
> We are looking for an aggregate router for our network and we are thinking
> to use ACX only with gig ports.
>
> There is some specific questions about this router:

As what I know, many things are just not ready yet. While the box is
supposed to be a low-scale MPLS router with many of the PE features
needed for real-world including VPLS, L3VPN, policers and stuff, the
current software supports only Martini circuits and a few other things
(checkable with the docs:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/acx-series-features.html).
This is the reason why they are targeting ACX to mobile access market
where PWE3 is more or less enough (base stations aggregation through
MPLS, SyncE, ect).

In a year or so it should look like a real router but now it's just a
very specialized thing.