[j-nsp] Juniper MX5 vs Brocade CER

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Oct 22 13:49:16 EDT 2012

On (2012-10-22 17:18 +0000), Doug Hanks wrote:

> These numbers will change with every hardware release and software
> release. I used a generic number with the MX book.
>
> The idea is that as soon as the book hits the shelf, the testing numbers
> would have been obsolete anyway (it took Harry and I about 14 months to
> write).

Fair rationale, and I can see there is target audience for it to whom it's
very useful book.

The book is listed at 28.07GBP in AMZN. For every MX hardware generation
I'm happy to shelve out 10x that and consider the price steal, if it
contains detailed architecture, day in packets life explained, full
explanation how to troubleshoot lookups in in 'show jnh ...' level and so
forth.
I'd like to think there is sufficient market for this, but I realize I'm
highly biased.

--
  ++ytti