[j-nsp] MX5 - Subscriber Management

GIULIANO (WZTECH) giuliano at wztech.com.br
Wed Sep 12 10:55:02 EDT 2012

People,

Dow anyone on list is using MX series as a BRAS box ?

We are looking forward some samples of configurations to apply shapping
rate using only radius variables.

We have found the configuration bellow ... but we did not find any
RADIUS dictionary to apply it.

The only way we found to controle the subscriber (PPP.xxxx) interface
bandwidth was using firewall filters and policers.

But with firewall filter and policers ... we need to create it
statically before apply using radius.

We are lookig for a soltuion where we can apply only one configuration
directly on radius server only (without have to create a policer or a
firewall filter).

If anyone has the experience with this kind of config, could share about
it ?

Thanks a lot,

Giuliano

dynamic-profiles {subscriber_profile {interfaces
{"$junos-interface-ifd-name" {unit "$junos-underlying-interface-unit"
{family inet;}}}class-of-service {traffic-control-profiles
{subscriber_tcp {shaping-rate $shaping-rate;guaranteed-rate
$guaranteed-rate;}}interfaces {"$junos-interface-ifd-name" {unit
"$junos-underlying-interface-unit" {output-traffic-control-profile
subscriber_tcp;}}}}