[j-nsp] MX Design

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Mon Sep 17 21:56:05 EDT 2012

For what it's worth, we've been harassing pretty much everyone we talk to with
a juniper.net email address about SPB.  I suspect the biggest limitation is
that nowhere in any EX or MX docs is there mention of support for 802.1ah
mac-in-mac, which is pretty necessary for SPB.  That said, the one time we got
an answer we were told that Juniper was going to take a "wait and see"
approach, so there's at least a chance that if enough customers make enough
noise, they might start seriously working on it.

I, for one, have a dream where spanning tree, in all its incarnations, is
reduced to little more than a scary story told by crusty old admins to interns
and PFYs by the light of storage array lights.  "Hey Mr. NetAdmin, tell us the
story of CareGroup again!"

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu    |  For every problem, there is a solution that
Manager of Network Operations   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute |           - HL Mencken