[j-nsp] Different media in an AE cause framing issues?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 2 04:29:14 EDT 2013

On 04/01/2013 08:52 PM, Morgan McLean wrote:

> So at this point I'm wondering if mixing the fiber and DAC connections is a
> nono? Due to timing issues? Not sure how that would screw up the frame, but
> maybe somebody has more insight.

That seems like a really complicated explanation; why would you assume
that, rather than a fibre problem e.g. bad splice, dirty connector, etc?
Or even bad SFP+?

I'm unfamiliar with the EX platforms, but it would seem really odd if
they had this kind of tight inter-port timing constraints just because
they're in an aggregate; what about diverse fibre paths with radically
different lengths, which are a common enough config?