[j-nsp] EX Switch Question

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Apr 3 15:44:04 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, April 02, 2013 04:34:18 PM Pavel Lunin wrote:

> I just wanted to note, that from the money point of view
> at the time when MX80 was under construction, it /could/
> be a wise decision to not compete against products like
> CES/CER and make it more router-alike than a MetroE
> optimized device.

In fairness, the Cisco ME3600X/3800X is really a router.

A lot of issues in the beginning mostly based on lack of
features due to the software being fresh, but that has
mostly been addressed, and only kinky stuff and bug fixes is
what's coming in now.

I doubt you will find any other switch from Cisco that is
claimed as a Metro-E access platform that does the all QoS
you'll find on software-based IOS platforms.

Mark.