[j-nsp] Config archive subtleties

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Wed Aug 7 15:25:57 EDT 2013

>7 aug 2013 kl. 18:03 skrev Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>:
> Recently this fell apart on us, as the SSH key on the server changed and the archival
>transfers started to silently[1] fail.

Ick.  Silence is deadly.  This (and the other issues) is now PR 910647.

> All of which has me wondering if the feature is more trouble than it's worth.

We definitely should be making it more robust and stable, but to
me the value of catching each commit as a distinct delta is a win.
It should also have the commit time, user, and commit comment, if
given.  Having this in a repo means one can ask questions like "who
has changed config in my network since last Friday?" or "when did
this statement get added in the first place?".

What else can we do to make this more worthwhile?

Thanks,
 Phil