[j-nsp] Mixed Cisco/Juniper MPLS network

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Aug 15 10:11:45 EDT 2013

On (2013-08-14 12:40 -0400), Eric Van Tol wrote:

> So what you're saying is that there is definitely some other issue here and it's not necessarily the fact that the destinations are allocated labels, but rather the label allocation is exposing an underlying problem.  If so, that narrows it down and points me in the right direction.  I'm trying to replicate in the lab, as I just had an idea, thanks to your response.

Yes, it should work. Consider

PE1-P1-P2-PE2-PE3

Lets presume PE3 is non-MPLS box, but you're allows it in PE2 label ACL,
then PE2 would give PE3/loop label.

So PE1 would impose label, switch would be swapped by P1, P2 and popped by
PE2.

I'd really love to hear back from you, when you figure out what was causing
the issues.

--
  ++ytti