[j-nsp] EX4550 experiences?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Feb 17 11:02:38 EST 2013

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 08:14:30 PM James Jun wrote:

> Does anyone have experiences / thoughts to share on
> EX4550 series?

We just deployed 4x units in our peering PoP's as core
switches.

We are not doing anything fancy on them - just VLAN's to
split each switch into two; pure Layer 2 forwarding,
although we have IS-IS running for management access.

All links into the switches are 10Gbps (OEM SFP+ in use),
and the things just chug along, no issues at all so far.

Junos is 12.2R2.4. Not much choice as the box is new and
that's the only release currently available.

We like the box because it's powerful, and takes either
1Gbps or 10Gbps speed on the same port. Cisco's 4500-X was a
contender, but they lost out on price.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.