[j-nsp] 3rd optics on MX/EX/SRX

Jed Laundry jlaundry at jlaundry.com
Wed Jun 26 16:21:05 EDT 2013

Branch SRX works fine, however (and I haven't looked at this in detail
enough), "show interfaces diagnostics optics" on SRX650 with 3rd party
optics isn't very reliable. I've had two cases where an optic that read
-12db rx on an EX port, moved 1m to the SRX (same fibre patch, no bends and
no change at the other end) suddenly showed -27db. Another optic shows
-18db rx over a 5km link, where testing with a power meter says it's a 3db
loss.