[j-nsp] RIB and FIB - Memory for MX with LR

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri Jun 28 00:52:54 EDT 2013

On 6/27/13 8:14 PM, Giuliano Medalha wrote:
> People,
>
> Thinking about configuring 2 Logical Systems in a MX480 box with RE1800X4,
> how can we provide control for memory allocation ?
>
> The box has the following configuration:
>
> 2 x RE1800X4-16GB
> 1 x MPC-3D-16XGE-SFPP-R-B
> 2 x SCBE-MX
>
> Is it possible to control the RIB and the FIB size using JUNOS for each
> Logical System ?
you can control was get's installed in the fib directly using policy...

my lab logical system route reflectors use something like this to limit
what they install in the fib

routing-options {
forwarding-table {
export [ logical-system-fib-compress reject-all ];
}
}

policy-options {

policy-statement logical-system-fib-compress {
from protocol [ direct static isis ];
then accept;
}
policy-statement reject-all {
then reject;
}

}

which means the bgp rib can grow to fairly outlandish size and not crap
up the fib associated with that logical system.

obviously you can be a little more fine grained.