[j-nsp] Lab gear to mimic MX80?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Mar 2 09:36:22 EST 2013

On (2013-03-02 11:17 -0300), Giuliano Medalha wrote:

> Considering the previous discussion ... do you know the correct capacity of
> ACX series routers ?

> Juniper said that it will support 7000 MAC Address and 60 Gbps with 35 Mpps.

I'm not really familiar with ACX, so I can't tell you anything about
scaling numbers.

> How is it possible without TRIO ?

There are lot of chips out there.

> Is it asic based router for MPLS ?

It is. I believe it is BCM56334L I think internally called 'enduro'.

> ACX1100 has a very good price and it has a good configuration.

I see it mainly as competitor to ASR901, ASR903, targeting mostly TDM
people. But I notice lot of people buying it without any intention to use
TDM, and certainly nothing wrong there.

--
  ++ytti