[j-nsp] Procedure to add a NPC to SRX HA cluster
Andy.Litzinger at theplatform.com
Tue Nov 12 17:32:06 EST 2013
can anyone recommend a procedure to add an NPC card to an SRX HA (active/standby) cluster?
In this case it's a pair of SRX3400s, running 12.1X44-D10.4
I've only got two redundancy groups, RG0(control) and RG1(data).
Currently the only NPC in each SRX is the integrated NPC-IOC 10GbE card in each chassis
Node0 is primary for both RG0 and RG1.
I'm not currently running any dynamic routing protocols. There are some Policy based VPNs, ALGs and NATs in place.
Can I do something like the following?
* power down node 1, install the NPC, boot up and verify status
* manually fail RG1 to node1 via request chassis cluster failover
* manually fail RG0 to node1 via request chassis cluster failover (is the best way to do this?)
* power down node 1, install NPC, boot up and verify status
* fail both RG1 and RG0 back to node0
JTAC's first response was to follow this guide: http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB26674 which seems overly complicated and possibly not applicable. It seems to deal with the case of wanting to move a live SPC from one slot to another. They say it applies to an NPC- but I'm not moving a live NPC, I'm inserting a new one.
More information about the juniper-nsp