[j-nsp] SRX's and Wireless

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+junipernsp at eintellegonetworks.com
Sun Nov 17 23:30:01 EST 2013

Hey all,

I'd like to get some clarification.

I've been informed that the AX411 AP is being discontinued.  While in
itself this isn't an issue, it is the only AP that the SRX's can manage
directly (afaik).

I also see that the WLC2 (4 AP's) has been discontinued and replaced by the
WLC100 (comes license to manage 4 - up to 32)... which essentially doubles
the price of having a controller for a few AP's. (from $1000 to $2000)

I have no problem with Juniper EOL'ing products, but at the moment, it
looks like the AP management function of the SRX's is going to become
useless with nothing to manage.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com