[j-nsp] NAT on MX platforms?

rkramer rkramer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 12:13:06 EDT 2013

I currently use MX240's throughout my routing environment today, and I'm
looking to upgrade my existing NAT boxes, which are Cisco ASR's.  They are
running out of horsepower, and from what I'm seeing, MS-DPC's on MX's
provide more than enough capacity...  I'm not planning to do any
firewalling at the NAT locations, just nat pools and 1:1 nat translations,
with some 6to4 thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, I'm assuming someone on the list has to be running MX's doing NAT?
How is it working out for you?  Any pitfalls?

Ryan Kramer